Efficiency & Budget Reduction Implementation
value of the system
A statewide system of colleges is the most efficient and cost effective way to deliver higher education to Kentuckians.
Without a system, KCTCS colleges would need an additional $50 million and more than 800 additional staff to provide the same level of services.
Additionally, students would pay $31 more per credit hour in tuition (based on 2016-17 tuition).
The System saves money for the colleges and the Commonwealth by providing:
- Significant volume, scope and scale discounts
- Synergy - enhanced level and quality of services
- Reduced need for college personnel to be specialized in key areas
- Cost effective services, such as:
- Information technology systems
- Administrative services
- Human Resources
- Financial services
- Academic and student services
- Bookstore operations
- Legal services