Employment at KCTCS
If you are interested in working for KCTCS as a new employee – you can go to careers.kctcs.edu and explore job openings across all of our colleges at any time. KCTCS carefully selects employees through appropriate selection procedures, including but not limited to resumes and/or written applications, personal interviews, reference checks, and pre-employment background checks (KCTCS Administrative Policies and Procedures). This selection process helps KCTCS find and employ people who are:
- Concerned with their own personal success as well as the success of KCTCS
- Have the desire to perform a job competently
- Can perform their work with the required skill and ability
- Can work well as part of a team; and
- Can ensure a safe working and academic environment for employees, students, and the public
Pre-employment criminal record checks are completed to protect KCTCS’ interests and the well-being of employees, students and other customers, and the public. Prior to becoming an employee, we require and administer a pre-employment background check, which includes a criminal record check on all initial hires in compliance with KRS Chapter 164.281. You will be requested to complete an authorization release to conduct a background check. Upon receipt of your completed background check results, they will be retained in your personnel file.
The check provides background information in at least the following areas:
- Social Security search
- County criminal record search
- Kentucky statewide criminal record search
- National database criminal record search
In addition, a comprehensive background check may include, but is not limited to, prior employment verification, professional reference checks, and education confirmation. Depending on the nature of the position, a credit history, health examination, and/or driving record check may also be obtained (KCTCS Policies).
KCTCS’ application process is very user-friendly for all job seekers by offering you the opportunity to view and apply for KCTCS positions via our online website. The steps for gaining access to view all KCTCS jobs across our 16 Colleges and the System Office are as follows:
- Visit our website at careers.kctcs.edu.
- You will come to the “Search Jobs” landing page.
- Click the “Show School” option to select the college that you’re interested in applying to (optional choice to select a specific campus).
- Under the “Job Category” section, check the box next to the type of position you’re seeking (i.e. Staff, Faculty, Student, etc.) and click the “Search” button at bottom of page.
- You will land on the “Search Results” page which will display the positions for the college location you selected.
- Click on the position you’re interested in applying for and review the associated “Job Details”.
- Click on the “Apply to Job” button at bottom of page.
- You will land on the “Applicant Login” page where you will input your “Login” information if you already have an existing account, or create a new account if you have never applied for a position with KCTCS.
- Click on the “Create an Account” button at the bottom if you are new to the application submission process. If you are an existing user who has forgotten your password, click on the “Forgot Password” link located underneath the login button.
- You will be walked through the Applicant Profile steps and then click on the “Start” button under the job you’re applying for to move through the application submission process.
- Once you’ve completed the application process you will receive a “Confirmation” message.
- Congratulations! You have successfully completed the KCTCS online application process.
There are times when you may need to go back into the application you submitted and edit your profile information or upload more documents (i.e. transcript copies, letters of recommendation, etc.). You would follow these steps to go back into your application:
- Go to careers.kctcs.edu.
- Click on “Applicant Login.”
- Enter your Username and Password to enter your account.
- Completed submissions can be viewed, but not changed. To upload documents after you have submitted your application, click the “edit” link next to your completed application form. If there is no “edit” link, then the deadline for submission of materials for the position has passed.
In the event you encounter technical difficulties while trying to submit your application, you will need to submit a support ticket through the contact us form describing the specific issue you are experiencing. Upon receipt of your email, a representative will respond to your issue within one business day following the receipt of your email request.
Once you have submitted your application, you may wonder how long it will be before you hear something back regarding the status of your application. The best practice is to follow up with the Human Resources Department at the college or the System Office where the position you applied for is housed. If you have additional questions about the position contact us through the contact us form.
You should allow approximately 2 to 3 weeks after the position deadline date before contacting the Human Resources department about the status of your application.
In the event you are selected to be interviewed for a specific position, you will be notified via a telephone call by a Human Resources staff member. KCTCS utilizes a structured interview “Search Committee” process for all posted positions.
The Kentucky Community and Technical College System is an equal educational and employment opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information. Further, we vigilantly prevent discrimination based on sexual orientation, parental status, marital status, political affiliation, military service or any other non-merit based factor.