Last modified: May 20, 2021
- Information Collected and Maintained. The Foundation collects and maintains personal information that you, our donors, provide to us when you (a) contact us by phone, mail, or email, in person, or via our website, (b) register for an event, (c) make a contribution, either on our website, at a special event, over the phone, or by mailing in a check, or (d) navigate through our website. From time to time, we may collect personal information from you in ways not described above, subject to your express approval.
- Types of Information. The types of donor information that we collect and maintain are as follows:
- Contact information, such as name, address, email and telephone number,
- Biographical and other publicly available information,
- Giving information, including types and amounts of donations,
- Information on events attended, publications received, and special requests for program information,
- Communication preferences, and
- Any other information provided by the donor to the Foundation.
- Use of Information. The Foundation collects, maintains and uses donor information to: (a) comply with applicable law and regulations, including charitable reporting requirements, (b) understand donor interests, (c) establish a relationship and communicate with you about the Foundation, including our plans, activities, impact and funding needs, (d) process donations and event registrations and issue tax receipts, (e) analyze giving patterns, (f) solicit feedback from you by conducting surveys, and (g) plan future fundraising activities and events. The Foundation does not sell, trade, or rent donor information.
- Confidentiality. All information about any financial and non-financial transactions between you and the Foundation is considered highly confidential and we employ appropriate security measures designed to protect it. While the information is kept confidential, it is shared with the Foundation’s staff, board members, volunteers, consultants and other professionals on a “need-to-know” basis and who have agreed to comply with the Foundation’s policies, including those relating to confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical standards. Violation of these policies is grounds for discipline and/or removal of the offending people from their positions with the Foundation.
- Communications. The Foundation will from time to time communicate with you, including by telephone, text, email, and mail, concerning the Foundation’s charitable activities, events, and requests for future support. The Foundation will not call or email you or send mailings to you on behalf of other organizations without your express consent. To opt out of receiving these communications, you may contact the Foundation as described in the “Contact Us” section below or by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in any email communications.
- Document Retention and Destruction. The Foundation complies with applicable laws and regulations and the Foundation’s internal policies governing the retention, management, and destruction of donor information collected and maintained by the Foundation.
- Changes to the Policy. This Policy is current as of the date stated at the top of this Policy. The Foundation reserves the right to amend this Policy from time to time. The Foundation will notify you of any material changes to the Policy by email to the email address specified in your account and/or through a notice on the Foundation’s website home page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address for you, and for periodically visiting our website and this Policy to check for any changes.
- Code of Ethics and Bill of Rights. The Foundation subscribes to the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) Code of Ethics and Donor Bill of Rights. A copy of the Code of Ethics and Donor Bill of Rights may be downloaded from the AFP website using the following links:
- Contact Us. For those who do not wish to be included in mailings from the Foundation or for comments or questions about this Policy, please email (xx) or call (xx).