Kentucky Approving Agency for Veterans Education
The Kentucky Approving Agency for Veterans Education has a mission to afford Veterans and other eligible persons the opportunity to improve their quality of life and employability through the use of quality education and training programs approved for use with GI Bill® Education benefits.
Our office is responsible for reviewing, approving and monitoring all educational programs, training programs and approved schools within the state of Kentucky who offer VA Educational benefits to their students and trainees. We also provide training and technical assistance to schools and employers in cooperation with the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Approving public, proprietary profit and proprietary non-profit institutions of higher learning with academic and professional degree and certificate programs.
- Apprenticeship (APP) programs - formal training leading to journeyman status.
- On-the-job training (OJT) programs - supervised job instruction programs.
- Flight schools - programs for vocational training
- Exams - state board and national certification exams