Employee Benefits Summary
Every KCTCS faculty and staff member is valued for their essential role in the overall accomplishment of the system’s major goals and objectives. This summary is offered as an overview of the benefits available, as of the time of publication, to eligible regular, full-time employees and their dependents. Other categories of faculty and staff may be eligible for certain benefits. This summary is not intended to be a complete description of any plan. Details about plan provisions and administration are contained in the Summary Plan Descriptions available at the time of hire. Attendance at an orientation or submission of an enrollment form is not a guarantee of benefits. KCTCS reserves the right to amend, modify, or eliminate any benefit program with or without prior notice. Nothing in this benefits summary is intended to create any express or implied contract of employment or guarantee of any benefits.
- Paydays are the 15th and 30th of the month (with certain weekend and holiday adjustments).
- Paid on an arrears basis. (ex. Time worked the 1st thru 1th is paid on the 30th of that month; time worked the 16th thru 30th is paid on the 15th of the next month.)
- Employees must be employed in a regular, full-time position prior to March 31st to be eligible for any annual salary increase.
- Annual salary increases are awarded in July of each year, if applicable.
KCTCS requires all newly hired employees to have payroll funds directly deposited into a bank account(s) of their choice.
- KCTCS recognizes 7 1/2 holidays per year, and Presidential Election Day every four (4) years.
- Employees are eligible for holiday pay beginning the date of employment.
- KCTCS will observe a two-week institutional closing beginning in December, which will include the day before Christmas Eve, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day.
- Employees are eligible for institutional closing pay beginning the date of employment.
- Regular Faculty are granted twenty-two (22) days of vacation leave annually.
- Except for emergencies, faculty may not take vacation while classes are in session.
- Faculty vacation will not be carried year-to-year without prior written authorization.
- Terminal vacation will be paid on a prorated basis.
- Vacation leave accrues on the 15th of each month.
- The maximum number of vacation days allowed to be accrued is forty (40) days.
- The maximum number of terminal vacation days to be paid out is 20.
|Length of Service||Works 12 months/year||Works 11 months/year||Works 10 months/year|
|0 - 5 years||1.25 days/month||1.1 days/month||1 day/month|
|6+ years||1.67 days/month||1.5 days/month||1.4 days/month|
- Paid temporary disability leave (sick leave) accrues at the rate of one day (7.5 hrs) per month.
- Temporary disability leave (sick leave) accrues on the 15th of each month.
- After three (3) months of employment, Faculty may be absent up to five (5) continuous
working days with pay within a six (6) month period:
- Because of personal illness or injury, or
- For the purpose of tending to a serious illness suffered by an immediate family member.
- Faculty who are totally disabled for longer than five (5) working days may apply for up to thirty (30) calendar days of sick leave with pay not to exceed a maximum of six (6) months.
- Various plan choices available in four (4) levels of coverage.
- Monthly employer premium contributions vary by level of coverage.
- Employees electing to waive the health coverage, may have a portion of the employer contributions placed into a Healthcare Reimbursement Account (HRA). Employees must be enrolled and able to show proof of enrollment in another health plan to be eligible to enroll in the HRA.
- Coverage begins the 1st day of the second calendar month following employment. (ex. Employees hired anytime in January, coverage begins March 1st).
- Various plan choices available.
- At competitive monthly rates.
- 100% paid by the employee.
Reimbursement program that allows employees to pay for certain qualified expenses with tax-free earnings.
Expenses allowed are:
- Medical expenses
- Childcare/dependent care expenses
- Life and Accidental Death/Dismemberment Insurance in the amount of $20,000 is provided at no cost.
- Employee has the option to purchase additional individual or spouse and/or dependent children coverage.
- Participation in a KCTCS retirement plan is a condition of employment.
- Individuals must enroll within the first thirty (30) days of employment.
- Required to contribute a percentage of their salary each pay period.
- Individuals enroll in a Defined Contribution Plan 403(b).
- In the Defined Contribution Plan employees contribute 5%, the employer match is 10%.
- Vesting in the defined contribution plan(s) is as follows:
- Employee Portion - immediate
- Employer Portion - 100% vested after 1 year of service.
- Current providers are TIAA, American Century, Voya, and Fidelity.
KCTCS currently has the following agreements:
- Morehead State University: full-time employees can receive a 75% discount in tuition for undergraduate and Master's degrees, with a 50% discount for nursing classes. This is not available for 800 level courses.
- Western Kentucky University: eligible full-time employees may being a baccalaureate degree and be eligible for a 50% discount if they have completed an associate degree.
- Northern Kentucky University: full-time employees may begin degree program at a 50% discount if they have completed an associate degree. This is available for bachelor's or master's degrees: doctoral degrees are not eligible.
Provides confidential and professional consultation or counseling, 24 hours/day, 365 days/year, at no cost to the employee.
Discounts and incentives available to KCTCS employees by a variety of Suppliers, parks and zoos. Find the full list of Employee Discounts on the Human Resources Sharepoint site.
KCTCS policies and procedures can be found by visiting the policies section of the KCTCS Website.
If there are any discrepancies between these highlights and policies or plan documents, the policies and plan documents take precedence. KCTCS reserves the right to terminate or amend these policies and plans at any-time with or without notice.
To prospective employees: this employment overview is strictly for information purposes only. This is not an "intent to offer" and should not be construed as an indication that an offer will be made.