Kentucky Coal Academy
The Kentucky Coal Academy prepares current and new miners for the future by providing them with transferable skills that can be used in a variety of careers.
As the coal industry faces changes and the workforce grows, our open access, statewide training program has allowed us to train more than 109,000 new and incumbent miners since the Kentucky Coal Academy's inception in 2005. We are proud and excited to continue providing our wonderful state with top-quality, highly skilled, tech-savvy, educated and safety-conscious workers.
- Annual MET, Surface and Underground Retraining
- Industry Experienced Instructors
- State-of-the-art Simulators
- Junior Coal Academy for High School and Area Technology Students
- Customized Job Training for Employers