KCTCS Board of Regents receives positive financial audit results
Versailles, Ky. – The Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) Board of Regents received positive results from the organization’s annual independent financial audit for the fiscal year 2019-20. The opinion issued by Crowe Horwarth LLP was an “unmodified opinion,” the highest opinion offered by public accounting firms.
“We are extremely pleased with the outcome of this audit,” said KCTCS Board of Regents Chair Gail R. Henson. “It clearly demonstrates KCTCS’ commitment to strong stewardship and fiscal responsibility, which is key to accomplishing our promise to making life better for our students, communities and the citizens of Kentucky.”
In other business, the board:
- Approved an Associate in Applied Science (AAS) in:
- Surgical Technology for Ashland Community and Technical College,
- Computer Engineering Technology for Bluegrass Community and Technical College,
- Paralegal Technology for Gateway Community and Technical College and
- Emergency Medical Services - Paramedic for Southeast Kentucky Community and Technical College.
- Ratified 17 certificate and eight diploma programs.
- Approved 8,871 academic credential requests between October 3, 2020 - January 8, 2021
(associate degrees, diplomas, and certificates). These credentials include:
- 5,445 candidates for certificates;
- 509 candidates for diplomas; and
- 2,917 candidates for associate degrees.
The next meeting of the KCTCS Board of Regents is scheduled for June 10-11, 2021 at the KCTCS System Office in Versailles.